Friday, September 26, 2008

Is Reponsibility an access to Freedom?

Responsibility appears heavy!

But, look deep, and you may discover an amazing access to power and freedom.

A completely free person would freely undertake bold actions. That, however, is not enough. To guarantee results, we need the magic of responsibility.

Castenada's Don Juan enlightens us:

When a man decides to do something he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.
Look at me, I have no doubts or remorse. Everything I do is my decision and my responsibility. The simplest thing I do, to take you for a walk in the desert for instance, may very well mean my death. Death is stalking me. Therefore, I have no room for doubts or remorse. If I have to die as a result of taking you for a walk, then I must die.
You on the other hand, feel that you are immortal, and the decisions of an immortal man can be cancelled or regretted or doubted. In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is not time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions.
When you get angry you always feel righteous. You have been complaining all your life because you don't assume responsibility for your decisions. To assume the responsibility of one's decisions means that one is ready to die for them. It doesn't matter what the decision is. Nothing could be more or less serious than anything else. In a world where death is the hunter there are no small or big decisions. There are only decisions that we make in the face of our inevitable death.

2 comments:

Toon Indian November 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

nice..yes, I believe one should always remember that you are answerable to yourself..Death of this physical body is certain...which in fact is the only certain thing !!

Amarendra November 11, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

Agree! ONE is answerable to ONESELF!

Thx for the visit:-)

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP